Sunday 13 July 2014

The start of an obsession

When did you fully commit to being a sewer? Or knitter? Or crocheter?

 

During a holiday last week, whilst planning a picnic lunch, it was decided to use a quilt I had made which had been hanging out without a use in my car for months. Whilst the picnic was delicious, the use of the quilt made me think about how obsessed I have become with crafting, and how lucky I am to have the time to do something that I love.

 

The quilt was just a really quick project, where I used a jumble of roughly cut up clothes, which I sewed together over a few hours. It was before I had the confidence (and money) to go and buy material from a proper fabric shop (I mean - how are you supposed to know what and how to buy fabric anyway?) But it was made just after I finished my nursing course, and represents a change in my life, where suddenly I was allowed to spend my time sewing or crocheting or cross stitching, without the guilt of unwritten essays and revision nagging at the back of my mind. And all I can say is hallelujah to that! And it's nice to finally find a use for one of my scruffy home made projects.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment